SuperSU root for Android
SuperSU is the most promising superuser access management tool for Android phones. It gives total control over your phone or tablet by arranging control over core rights. All the limitations are gone! You can do anything on your device under root access.
SuperSU acts as a firewall for your phone by allowing you to manage app permissions and ensure apps don’t overstep their boundaries. SuperSU will enable you to control superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root.
- Pin protection for every app.
- Unroot your device temporarily.
- Log every app using root access.
Download and install SuperSU app
There are two ways to get the SuperSU app on your mobile.
First method: You can download the ACMarket app first and download SuperSU APK from ACMarket.
To avoid any installation-related errors, you can check if SuperSU supports your operating system and it has all the minimum system requirements.
|File type||APK or ZIP|
|OS requirements||Android 2.1 or higher|
Depending on the SuperSU APK downloaded method, use the given instructions to install the app. If you’re unfamiliar with how to root, learn what you should know before rooting your device for the first time.
How to install SuperSU APK with ACMarket app
This is the easiest way to get the SuperSU app on your phone. But to use this method, you need to root your device first.
Note: If you already have the ACMarket app on your phone, start from Step 2.
- Visit the ACMarket download page, get the latest apk setup, and install the ACMarket app on your Android device. Be sure to follow installation instructions if you get any errors while installing.
- Open the ACMarket app; in the search bar, type ‘SuperSU’.
- Select the first app from the search list.
- You will direct to the item page, click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
How to install SuperSU Zip with TWRP recovery
Before beginning, you need the TWRP app on your phone. You can get it by using the official download source here.
- Download the latest SuperSU Zip file from the links given above.
- If the downloaded Zip file is on an SD card, move it to the internal storage.
- Switch off the Android phone or tablet.
- Switchback on to TWRP recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Check with your phones’ manufacturer for a booting button sequence because it is different in some brands.
- Now your device is ready to root. But first, take a full backup of the current ROM by clicking the Backup button from the TWRP recovery window.
- Select the options Boot, System, and Data to backup.
- Click the Select Storage and find a backup location to store.
- Once you finished the previous step, swipe right to backup selected data.
- Now, you can flash the SuperSU ZIP to your phones’ root.
- To do this, select the Install button from the recovery window.
- Browse to find the downloaded ZIP file, then select it.
- In the next window, Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Wait until the process to complete, clear cache, and reboot the phone.
- That’s it! Now you’ve rooted your phone with SuperSU ZIP.
- You can use a root checker app to verify whether your phone is rooted or not.
What is SuperSU?
SuperSU is a root management tool for Android developed by Chainfire. Most of its features come as free, but there is a SuperSU pro version to get with some additional bells and whistles if you want.
You can add, remove, and control any apps’ access levels that require root-level permissions.
Facts and features
- Access prompts and notifications – You’ll get notified when an app asks to access the root of your phone.
- Configure pre-app notifications – With this feature, you can manage notifications specific to an individual app.
- Two unroot methods – Short-term and permanent unroot.
- Access log – SuperSU maintains a detailed log for applications that accessed superuser permissions.
- Deep process detection.
- SuperSU works even if the device is in recovery mode.
- It runs in Ghost mode as a background app.
- Convert to /system app.
- Works with non-standard shell locations.
- Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies.
SuperSU Pro features
- Per-app user override.
- Configure logins for individual apps.
- PIN code protection per app.
- Allow or deny permission for a specific period.
- There is a learning curve to the SuperSU app.
How to uninstall SuperSU
There are a couple of ways to get rid of the SuperSU app from your phone. Below you can find the easiest method to do it.
- Open the SuperSU app.
- Go to Settings, scroll down to find the option Cleanup.
- Click Full Unroot to remove it from the device altogether.
- Wait until uninstallation to finish once you confirm to uninstall.
- Reboot your phone.
Before rooting your phone
- By doing this, you will lose your phone’s warranty.
- If you feel like your understanding is not enough to root even after reading this article, stop! You may brick your phone.
- Download TWRP before you start with the SuperSU app. It is essential to take a backup of your current ROM beforehand. It will help you install the downloaded SuperSU Zip file from the direct link or the ACMarket app.
Frequently asked questions
It is not a rooting tool. SuperSU takes care of root access rights once it is rooted. There are useful rooting tools you can use to root your Android. For this tutorial, we’ve used the most famous tool of them all, the TWRP app.